Thursday 5 February 2009

I'm loving angels instead

It has finally snowed so I've done what any sane wife/mother would do and have left Big Al with the washing and the Little Prince causing trouble with his friends and have escaped to work. I would rather brave icy roads and follow crawling Fiat Pandas across a frozen Wiltshire wasteland, than stay in and clean the house whilst pretending to 'WFH'.

I made the right decision. At lunch time, our team were challenged to a snowball fight. I'd like to say that we whooped the competition, but alas, I'd be lying. I had snow shoved down my pants and in my face when I was trying to make a snow angel. Surely that's against the rules? Everyone knows that snow angels are sacred and that those stupid enough to lie in the snow in their jeans, with no hat, should be left in peace to create an icy masterpiece.




Anyway, now I'm snug and warm at my desk, indulging in some quiet i-Poddage and deleting emails with the carefree abandon of someone with wet pants and and bad hair (dried with a paper towel in the girls' toilets). I'll be leaving the office at about 3.00pm to miss the Big Chill and will be home in time for a Big Al Special Tea.
I plan to eat it in front of the TV whilst watching the last episode of that '80s masterpiece, 'North and South' and will close my eyes and imagine myself looking coyly up into the eyes of a young Patrick Swayze - 'Why, I do declare Orry Main, you are a postively charmin' jennalman'.
Several excellent Americanos from the office coffee shop. Fun in the snow. Some good music. An Al Special. Escapist television and retro eye candy. A perfect day.

5 comments:

Lady Perkleton said...

Why do "fun days at the office" always happen when I'm not there??! I wouldn't lie on the floor outside the office if I were you - not after the suspicious finds in the area last week...

Footballers Knees said...

Well, Lady Perkleton, I'll make sure I invite the CSI team over to dust me down!

ADDY said...

Sounds perfect to me.

Potty Mummy said...

God, you get to have ALL the fun. I'm telling Mum you skived...

Footballers Knees said...

PM, I don't like to think of it as skiving, more of a team bonding experience. Now, TODAY I'm skiving!